If you wish to investigate some research behind light and sound therapy, we offer a starting point for your exploration with the following summary and links to resources. Enjoy!
Vibroacoustic Sound Therapy (VAT) has been studied by researchers worldwide including the National Institutes of Health (NIH). NIH reports the benefits of using VAT for Parkinson’s, PTSD, anxiety, physical injuries, brain function, COPD, Asthma and much more. Explore for yourself some recent and relevant studies demonstrating the efficacy of Vibroacoustics in healing. Click on each study to download.
Note that the research was conducted with vibroacoustics using a chair or mat, and much of the sound/music/vibration was lost into the environment or diffused by the acoustics and padding. That is not the case with the Harmonic Egg technology (HE). HE uses the latest, state-of-the-art patented design, immersing you in a 360-degree chamber of pure sound.The dodecahedron design eliminates distortions of previous rectangular models and stand-alone chairs to deliver coherent (harmonious) sound and light frequencies.
1. Contemporary Vibroacoustic Therapy: Perspectives on Clinical Practice, Research, and Training. Motor performance, greater range of motion, pain reduction, decreased anxiety, hostility and depression, promotion of well-being through improved functional capacity in the elderly. Sound therapy delivered using a vibroacoustic chair.
2. Vibroacoustic Sound Therapy Improves Pain Management and More. Pain reduction, symptoms of disease reduction, induced relaxation, quicker recovery from injury/surgery. Sound therapy delivered using a vibroacoustic chair FFM model.
3. Short-term effects of vibration therapy on motor impairments in Parkinson’s disease. No major symptom category was left untouched. Improvements in tremor, rigidity, step length, quality of walking, and fatigue. Sound therapy delivered using a Physioacoustic Chair (speakers spaced throughout a chair).
4. The effect of low-frequency sound stimulation on patients with fibromyalgia: A clinical study.Highly significant results with reduction in pain, reduced use of pain medication, improved cervical motion. Sound therapy delivered using SL5 lounge from Nexneuro.
5. Fibromyalgia Tender Point Pain: A Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Pilot Study of Music Vibration Using the Music Vibration Table. Pressure-to-pain thresholds significantly increased.
6. Short-Term Effects of Rhythmic Sensory Stimulation in Alzheimer’s Disease: An Exploratory Pilot Study. Increased cognition, increased awareness of their surroundings, improved mental function. Sound therapy delivered using a NextWave Chair.